Saturday, January 5, 2008

Wool you......


I just couldn't wait to get my hands on the new Papertrey Valentine set - "My Punny Valentine" and absolutely adore the way this turned out! I fell in LOVE with the little lamb the moment I saw him. And, of course, Valentine's is one of my fav days anyway! I started my layout for this card THE DAY I ordered the set last week. I nearly posted it without the image just to tease, but decided against it.
I used chocolate DCWV cardstock as the card base. I layered it with DCWV red cardstock that I had run through my Cuttlebug for a little texture. Next I layered patterned Blush Basic Grey matted with chocolate cardstock. These were wrapped in a flat satin chocolate ribbon including a shrink plastic charm with my sentiment "Wool you be mine?" The final layer is red and chocolate cardstock. On this I added my little lamb. The body was cut using a Spellbinders oval Nestability. I ran this through my Xyron machine to add adhesive to the front and covered it in a thick layer of white Fun Flock (TAC). The head and legs are stamped in a dark umber ink and cut from white cardstock. The legs are attached to the front using adhesive. I glued the little head to the body and attached it to the front using foam adhesive. Naturally, I JUST HAD to embellish using a few of my new Bella Baubles!
This will more than likely be my hubby's Valentine! Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute card, Joy. I love the fun flock. It's perfect on the little lamb.

Sonja said...

You did an awesome job on this. I love it! Especially like the layering.

Rochelle W said...

Don't you just love flock. And what a prefect animal to use it on. Your card is gorgeous.