Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lazy Bunny!


I just LOVE both of these stamp sets from TAC. They have both been retired for a year or so, but I still like using them - especially together. I think the bunny is adorable trying to climb out of the basket. I took my inspiration for this card from Faith Hofrichter. Her creations are absolutely gorgeous with all the layering, ribbons, etc. Mine is no where near her caliber, but it turned out cute just the same. The image is paper pieced using white cardstock, SweetPea Alyssa from Basic Grey, Prismacolors and mineral spirits. It contains over 10 layers! Even the pads of the bunny's foot are layered. It took about 3 hours to finish, but was well worth it! The solid cardstock is all DCWV. I used my Spellbinders Nestability rectangle die to cut the center background. The shear pink ribbon (source unknown) is run through and tied around the handle of the basket. The final card is adorned with Bella Baubles. Happy Easter!

No comments: