Sunday, December 30, 2007

They say it's your birthday....

In an effort to be a little more organized this year, I'm trying to get a jump start on birthday cards. My hubby has a large extended family, and with all my friends & angels, it can be a little challenging. Last year I made a birthday rolodex organized by month. Each month has index cards for each person's b-day that falls within the month. On the front is their name and birthday; on the back is their address. I started the year off great last year, but started slacking around August. This year, my goal will be to stay 2 months ahead - Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts!!!!! LOL :)
This will be the card I use for my January and February birthdays. I used a plain crimson red cardstock, layered with a cream cardstock, and the Admire pattern from Basic Grey's Blush. I then stamped a floral florish in umber on birch cardstock (all TAC). I embellished using a loopy brad, ribbon, bitty Prima flowers and a little bling. The edges of the image and mat are distressed using the Heidi Swapp edge distresser and umber ink.

No comments: