Sunday, October 21, 2007

Orlando

I was so blessed to have spent a week with two of my BEST girlfriends, Becky and Misty, in Orlando earlier this month. We stayed in my timeshare in Kissimmee, FL, and spent most of our time stamping and creating. One of my favorite projects that we worked on was an altered Bare Elements (B.E.) Reyna Castle book. We used halloween paper turning it into a Haunted Castle. First, we painted the books with Making Memories black paint, then covered them with paper. The papers I used were: Spider Web, Silly Spiders (Adorn It), Ghoulish Green (Karen Foster), and Happy Halloween (K & Co). In addition, I added dimensional stickers from the $1 bin at Michaels and some Halloween ribbon from Michaels. The edges of the papers were all inked using Noir Palette ink. We had many laughs trying to get these done. See, Misty and I are both, well, BUSTY. We had a great "shelf" to hold our projects on while we sanded the edges. Poor miss Becky was working from her lap. The books were a little difficult to manipulate, but SO worth it! They turned out adorable!
We also had the chance to spend Saturday stamping with Mabelle Ramirez-Ortiz, a fabulous artist and designer for The Angel Company. She is a beautiful person with an amazing gift! I absolutely LOVE her designs. We all had a project to share with each other, and had a wonderful day. I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends!

No comments: