Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Jessie's Box

A friend of mine, Jessie, asked if I could make a decorative gift box for her mother's Christmas gift. I LOVE to help people out while challenging my creativity, so I agreed. When asked what she would like, she said her mother's favorite character was Betty Boop. I didn't think it would be a problem. Well, it was....

I could NOT find Betty Boop anything - paper, stickers, fabric - nothing! Perhaps if we lived in a bigger town and I had access to different stores. But, in Clovis, nothing and I didn't have time to order anything. Now what? I asked Jessie what would be second best. She said her mother's favorite color was purple. Okay, now that I can work with! I found this Daisy D's paper at the local craft store. I cover a pencil box and adorned it with a flower and a ribbon/button closure. PERFECT! Jessie was thrilled!

No comments: